Recipe by Sharon123
This popped in my head and I couldn't get it out until I tried it. An interesting experiment with delicious results! Easy too. Made for Dining on a Dollar Contest.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
I made this delicious recipe for breakfast. There were two of us, so I doubled the veggies and eggs, but made only one batch of sauce. Great use of contest ingredients. Love the tang. The only shortcoming is that the recipe says this is for four, when really it is for one only. Good luck! It was my good luck that I tried this.
- 1⁄4 cup ponzu sauce (I used Homemade Ponzu Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small radish, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onions, finely chopped or 1⁄4 cup yellow onions or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Sauce:.
- Combine the ponzu sauce and the ketchup in a small saucepan. Add oregano. Heat to medium heat and simmer to reduce liquid, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Finely chop the radish and add to slightly cooled sauce (if using).
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan. Saute green bell pepper, onion, and cabbage over medium heat until tender and starting to brown, 5-8 minutes. Remove to serving plate, spreading out just a little to make nest for egg.
- In same pan add the 1 teaspoon oil or butter and saute the egg to desired doneness(turning over once).
- Place the egg over the sauteed veggies. Drizzle with the sauce(I used several tablespoons). Dig in and enjoy!
- Good served with a piece of toast.