1/4 Photos of Ponzu Eggs in a Veggie Nest
This popped in my head and I couldn't get it out until I tried it. An interesting experiment with delicious results! Easy too. Made for Dining on a Dollar Contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup ponzu sauce (I used Homemade Ponzu Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small radish, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped or 1/4 cup yellow onions or 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1Make Sauce:.
- 2Combine the ponzu sauce and the ketchup in a small saucepan. Add oregano. Heat to medium heat and simmer to reduce liquid, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 3Finely chop the radish and add to slightly cooled sauce (if using).
- 4Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan. Saute green bell pepper, onion, and cabbage over medium heat until tender and starting to brown, 5-8 minutes. Remove to serving plate, spreading out just a little to make nest for egg.
- 5In same pan add the 1 teaspoon oil or butter and saute the egg to desired doneness(turning over once).
- 6Place the egg over the sauteed veggies. Drizzle with the sauce(I used several tablespoons). Dig in and enjoy!
- 7Good served with a piece of toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ponzu Eggs in a Veggie Nest
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.6
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 216.5 mg
- Sodium 512.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: