Recipe by trishypie
Ohhhh so divine; chocolate and bananas mixed together in a moist and delicious cake. Scrumptious warm served with a bit of butter!
Top Review by Laureen in B.C.
This is a great recipe I have been making it for years. I love the flavor of the cinnamon with the bananas. I make mine into muffins putting some of the topping into the middle. Thanks for posting
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups bananas (5-6 mashed bananas)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (topping)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (topping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips (topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar with a hand mixer. Add eggs one at a time beating well. Add vanilla and bananas and mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the last 3 for the topping. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon and brown sugar together.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased bundt pan. Top with half of the cinnamon sugar mix and half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour remaining half of the batter into the bundt pan and top with the remaining half of the cinnamon sugar mix and the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Enjoy!