3 hrs 30 mins
Chef #733099's Note:
A variation of Italian Wedding Soup-because of the spinach-my step daughter calls it "Pond Scum Soup"-good stuff, easy to make, and low carb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine Spinach(a large bag of frozen spinach)and chicken broth(2 of the quart sized cans).
- 2Simmer over low heat for about 1/2 hours.
- 3Add Garlic to taste.
- 4Mix lean ground beef and parmesan cheese-could add Italian bread crumbs-but do not add.
- 5because of the added carbs.
- 6Roll ground beef/ parmesan cheese mixture into small balls-marble size.
- 7Place balls on cookie sheet-bake at 350 until brown on outside.
- 8Add meatballs to soup-simmer 2 hrs-or more.
- 9Soup is great with crusty bread which is spread with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- 10Makes about 1/2 gallon.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pond Scum Soup(Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 731.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 19.4 g