Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy eggnog!! Perfect for a cool winter night. This recipe is a traditional recipe from The Dominican Republic. Enjoy!! :)
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of caribbean dark rum
- 1 cup Creme de Cacao (optional)
- 5 egg yolks
- ground nutmeg
- Blend all the ingredients together for about 1 minute.
- Simmer over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve in your favorite mug.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- May be served cold.
This was delicious. I only used half the alcohol and substituted with soy milk, but next time I will double the recipe. We didn't leave a drop.