Pompadour Pudding with Chocolate Fluff
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, egg yolks and whole egg.
- Slowly add small amount of milk and blend; stir this mixture into the remaining milk.
- Cook in double boiler until thick; cool.
- Add vanilla, blend well, and pour into serving dish.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Chocolate Fluff: Gradually add powdered sugar to egg whites and beat until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly add melted chocolate, vanilla and salt; blend well.
- Chill for at least an hour, then spoon over chilled pudding before serving.