Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Also known as a basic tomato sauce.
- Carrot goes into food processor till fine. Remove and set aside.
- Celery goes in next and do the same. Remove and set aside.
- Onions goes in last and blend till fine. Remove and set aside.
- In a heated pot, place 3 to 4 ladles of olive oil.
- Add in onion first and sauté for 1 minute Then add in carrot and celery.
- When the 3 items are soft, add in canned tomatoes.
- Keep stirring constantly on low heat and reduce at least one third, if not half, or till water is gone.
- Cool and store in airtight container. May freeze till needed.
Very straightforward, I added just a pinch of sugar to counter the acidity of the tomatoes, I do like the veggies in this sauce. Very good, thank you KaffirLime, made for PAC Spring 2013