Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this recipe from Guy's Big Bite. One of the best I've had. I didn't have baguette so I use a ciabata. Just as good.
- 1 sourdough baguette, 12 - 16 inch
- 2 garlic cloves, halved plus 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, place on a sheet tray and bake in the oven until lightly brown. Rub with the garlic cloves. Drizzle with 2 ounces of the olive oil and sprinkle with the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Return to oven to melt cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, vinegar, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and let sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove baguette from oven and top with the tomato mixture. Garnish with basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
This is my favorite bruschetta recipe by far and I've tried quite a few! I was going to post it myself but saw you already had...glad to see others have found this delicious too!
Very good bruschetta that I shared with my DD and mom. I had some fresh parmesan cheese at home so I grated that for the garnish. Also used 18 year old balsmaic vinegar that was a birthday gift from my DH and it was wonderful in this recipe. Used a bit less basil as I am not real fond of fresh and did not add any for the garnish. We were very happy while enjoying this for lunch. Thank you Michelle Figueroa for posting! Made and reviewed for the Iron Chef recipe tag game in the Game Forum.
Excellent. Loved the flavor combination. I had some really good flavored Roma tomatoes and some fresh basil that I'm growing with my AeroGarden and it just made the recipe. I did add some chopped red onion and had to use Parmesan cheese because I could not find the parmigiano-reggiano. Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait till I have some homegrown tomatoes this summer. I made the whole recipe so I have leftovers for tomorrow night :) Made for New Kids on the Block.