Recipe by Michelle Figueroa
Got this recipe from Guy's Big Bite. One of the best I've had. I didn't have baguette so I use a ciabata. Just as good.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
This is my favorite bruschetta recipe by far and I've tried quite a few! I was going to post it myself but saw you already had...glad to see others have found this delicious too!
- 1 sourdough baguette, 12 - 16 inch
- 2 garlic cloves, halved plus 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, place on a sheet tray and bake in the oven until lightly brown. Rub with the garlic cloves. Drizzle with 2 ounces of the olive oil and sprinkle with the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Return to oven to melt cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, vinegar, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and let sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove baguette from oven and top with the tomato mixture. Garnish with basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano.