Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a community style cookbook. Has garlic, oil, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. No cheese in this particular recipe.
- 4 tomatoes, firm
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs, can use Italian seasoned crumbs
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Spread the mixture over the cut side of the tomatoes. Arrange in an oiled shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining oil.
- Bake at 400 degree oven F. for 15 minutes.