1/1 Photo of Pommes Souffles (Puffed up Potatoes)
Mims & Squims's Note:
You'll never want traditional mashed potatoes again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes & cut into large chunks. Place in large pot & cover with cold water. Bring to boil & cook 10-15 minutes until tender.
- 2Drain well and return to pot on stove. Cover and heat over low flame, shaking occasionally, about 3 minutes until potatoes look dry.
- 3Mash low speed with electric hand mixer. Fold in butter, milk, salt and pepper. Let cool.
- 4Heat oven to 400°F.
- 5Spray baking dish (8x8" or similar size) with non-stick cooking spray. Beat 3 T egg whites & stir into potatoes. Add cheese.
- 6With electric hand mixer, whip remaining 3 T egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold whipped eggs into potatoes.
- 7Transfer potatoes to baking dish.
- 8Bake 30 minutes until top begins to brown.
- 9Sprinkle with flaked or colored sea salt & serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pommes Souffles (Puffed up Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 263.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
flaked sea salt