Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice idea for a lovely apple salad presentation that would be great for guests as it should be done ahead of time.
- 4 apples, firm and crisp
- 1 lemon
- 2 endives
- 100 g Roquefort cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- 60 g walnuts
- 4 celery leaves
- Wash apples and carefully remove top.
- Scoop out the center of the apple, taking care not to pierce the skin, rub the inside with a lemon wedge to prevent oxidation.
- Remove cores and seeds, cut the flesh into cubes, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Clean and slice the endive (keep a few leaves for garnish).
- Mix the mustard with the vinegar and oil, salt and pepper throughly.
- Mash the blue cheese with a fork.
- Mix the diced apples, chopped endive and Roquefort.
- Fill apples with this mixture, sprinkle with vinaigrette and garnish with walnuts, celery leaves, and endive leaves.
- Serve chilled (at least 1 hr in fridge).
I didn't fully understand the whole cut the center of the apple business so I cored each apple, cut into 4 wedges, tossed with lemon juice and set aside. I had two extra apples I peeled, cored and then diced. Followed the rest of the directions and plated with the 4 wedges, one in each direction touching at the base like a 4 peteled flower. I scooped a generous amount in the center of each apple wedge flower and served. This turned into a mixture of forks and fingers as well as a lot of laughter.