Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my favourite potato dishes. It's simple!
- 1 kg potato, peeled
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 220c or 400f.
- Cut potatoes in sections and then "turn" into barrel shapes 5cm (2inches) in length. Allow 3 per person.
- Stand potato barrels in a deep tray and add sufficent stock to come half way up the potatoes.
- Brush well with melted butter and season.
- Place in oven and cook until potatoes are golden brown on top and stock is almost completely reduced. Baste frequently with stock in the pan and brush with melted butter to build up a nice gloss.
- Serve sprinkled with the chopped parsley.