Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
So simple and so good. If you like mashed potatoes, you'll like this. A good side dish for so many dishes.
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in slightly salted water until soft. Then drain and press them.
- Mix in the egg,salt and the butter.
- Fill into a plastic storage bag wtih one corner cut off (or use a fancy pastry bag) and pipe onto a lined greased baking tray. Make any shape you want. I usually make 'S' shapes or circles.
- Mix egg yolk and milk and brush onto your potatoes.
- Bake at 450° oven for 10-12 minutes.
These were fun to make! For some reason, I couldn't get mine to brown on top; I was worried that they would dry out as Breezer mentioned so I stuck to the max time. Anyway, they tasted great! I know I will make these again if for no other reason than they are fun to make! Thanks for sharing Bellinda! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
Made as stated but I didn't time them. Creamy and moist with just a nice little crust.Sprinkled with a touch of Fleur de Sel I have always had these potatoes done as a rosette shape so I made mne into piles. Served with recipe# 314884#314884 DÃ©licieux Made for ZWT 5 for Zaar Chow hounds
I love mashed potatoes, so thought this would be great for us, but this recipe just didn't work for us. It was really dry. I did bake it the 12 minutes, because I wanted it to be golden looking. Maybe I should have opted for the 10 minutes. I made this for ZWT5...sorry teammate!