Sue Lau's Note:
From Antoine's restaurant in New Orleans
My Private Note
- 1Wash and peel potatoes.
- 2Cut into fries 1 1/4 inches wide by 1/8 inch thick.
- 3Soak potatoes in ice water, then drain and pat dry.
- 4Heat deep fryer oil to 275°F Put only enough potates in fryer to cover the bottom of basket.
- 5Fry potatoes until they begin to brown and puff, moving them around with a fryer tool as they fry.
- 6Drain potatoes.
- 7Potatoes may be held at this point for frying later, or immediastely cooked.
- 8Heat deep fryer oil to 400°F.
- 9Put only enough potatoes in fryer to cover bottom of basket.
- 10Finish frying, moving them through the oil as they cook, until they become golden and crispy.Remove from oil, drain on absorbent brown paper and season immediately with salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pommes De Terres Soufflees (Puffed Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g