Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Antoine's restaurant in New Orleans
Make and share this Pommes De Terres Soufflees (Puffed Potatoes) recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut into fries 1 1/4 inches wide by 1/8 inch thick.
- Soak potatoes in ice water, then drain and pat dry.
- Heat deep fryer oil to 275°F Put only enough potates in fryer to cover the bottom of basket.
- Fry potatoes until they begin to brown and puff, moving them around with a fryer tool as they fry.
- Drain potatoes.
- Potatoes may be held at this point for frying later, or immediastely cooked.
- Heat deep fryer oil to 400°F.
- Put only enough potatoes in fryer to cover bottom of basket.
- Finish frying, moving them through the oil as they cook, until they become golden and crispy.Remove from oil, drain on absorbent brown paper and season immediately with salt to taste.