Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pommes de terre="apples of the ground"=potatoes. Can you dig it? Merci Monsieur Philippe Boulot.
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb small fingerling potato
- 1 cup fresh chicken stock or 1 cup fresh vegetable stock
- 1 sprig lemon thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large pan, saute the shallots and garlic slowly in the olive oil until caramelized.
- Add the fingerling potatoes, stock, and some salt and pepper.
- Cover pan and simmer slowly until the potatoes are tender, approximately 1/2 hour.
- Arrange on serving platter. Remove herb leaves from stalks and garnish the potatoes.
Great dish. What else can I say. I didn't have the shallots so I used an onion. I also used my own low sodium chicken broth and omitted the salt. Thanks for such a tasty dish.
Delicious. I wanted a change from mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner and this dish was the perfect choice, I used the veg stock option. Thanks for sharing this keeper!