Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Diced potatoes cooked in milk, butter, garlic and thyme, then baked in oven with Monterey Jack cheese sprinkled on top. You will love this!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- minced fresh parsley
- Combine potatoes with next 6 ingredients in large skillet.
- Heat to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Transfer potatoes to 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Very tasty potatoes. We really enjoyed them a lot. They came out very creamy. Followed the recipe to the t. Thanks!!
I thought these were great and I not even a potato fan. The thyme, garlic and butter in the sauce made my taste buds do a happy dance! I will make these again.
This was great-I used pepper jack cheese mixed with colby-jack. I've made this twice this week. You're right, we do love this!