1 hr 15 mins
Mims & Squims's Note:
Tasty traditional French potato dish from the Dauphine in Savoy region, near the Italian border..tweaked for a lower fat diet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray pyrex dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
- 3Place potatoes, overlapping slightly, in single layer on bottom of dish. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- 4Repeat layers until all potatoes are used.
- 5In separate bowl, combine cream and milk and stir well.
- 6Pour milk mixture over the potatoes.
- 7Cook, uncovered, in microwave on medium 15- 20 minutes. (I usually have trouble with mine boiling over, so it helps to set it on a plate, from which I can pour the liquid right back in!).
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Sprinkle grated cheese over top of potatoes and cook 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pommes Dauphinoise
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 558.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: