Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty traditional French potato dish from the Dauphine in Savoy region, near the Italian border..tweaked for a lower fat diet
- Spray pyrex dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
- Place potatoes, overlapping slightly, in single layer on bottom of dish. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Repeat layers until all potatoes are used.
- In separate bowl, combine cream and milk and stir well.
- Pour milk mixture over the potatoes.
- Cook, uncovered, in microwave on medium 15- 20 minutes. (I usually have trouble with mine boiling over, so it helps to set it on a plate, from which I can pour the liquid right back in!).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top of potatoes and cook 20 minutes until golden brown on top.