Recipe by Abi Fae
You can replace pomelo with grapefruit, but since grapefruit are juicier, drain them before adding to the salad. Another recipe for the world tour. Hot, Sour, Salty, Sweet.
Top Review by RJZ Window
This recipe is proof God is pleased with his decision to create Thailand. We live in Thailand and our local spot serves it with the shallots fried and the coconut toasted. A great improvment
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 pomelo fruit
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 cup mint leaf, chopped
- 2 -3 bird chiles, finely chopped
- bibb lettuce, to serve on
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. (Stevia is a decent replacement.) Stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Set aside.
- Pell the pomelo and separate into segments. Remove any peel. Place the fruit in a bowl.
- When ready to serve, pour off any of the juice (I reserve for dressings). Add the coconut, peanuts, shallots, mint, and chiles to the fruit.Pour the dressing over and mix well. Add more lime, salt, or sugar to taste.
- Place each serving on a leaf of lettuce.