Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was inspired by a short article in Sunset magazine February 2006 about pomelo fruit. If you wish, strawberries can be substituted for the raspberries.
- 2 pomelo fruit, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup fresh raspberry, washed
- 2⁄3 cup roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons honey (good quality!)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (NOT dried)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, my addition (optional)
- Peel the pomelos, separate the segments and cut up into 1 inch chunks.
- Place the chunks on a pretty serving platter. Scatter the raspberries on top, followed by the cashews.
- Slightly soften the honey by microwaving for about 10 seconds. (This helps make the honey not only easier to stir, but easier to pour.) Add the lime juice and blend well.
- Pour the honey mixture over the fruit and nuts. Garnish with the mint leaves (and lime zest if desired).
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Looks beautiful I actually used blackberries, blue and raspberries with the pomelo. I put the dressing on the side. Lovely dessert!
Loved it ! The mix of flavours was unusual, not the kind of thing that you'd enjoy every day but totally totally refreshing every now and again. I used a pink variety of Pomelo. Using fresh mint and the lime juice is a "must" in my opinion because the mint ties together the flavour of the pomelo, cashews and the raspberries. The honey is a sweet aftertaste that comes though at the end of each bite. Please see my rating system: 4 lovely stars for a recipe that tingled the taste buds in a new and refreshing way. Thanks !