Recipe by COOKGIRl
I was inspired by a short article in Sunset magazine February 2006 about pomelo fruit. If you wish, strawberries can be substituted for the raspberries.
- 2 pomelo fruit, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup fresh raspberry, washed
- 2⁄3 cup roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons honey (good quality!)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (NOT dried)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, my addition (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the pomelos, separate the segments and cut up into 1 inch chunks.
- Place the chunks on a pretty serving platter. Scatter the raspberries on top, followed by the cashews.
- Slightly soften the honey by microwaving for about 10 seconds. (This helps make the honey not only easier to stir, but easier to pour.) Add the lime juice and blend well.
- Pour the honey mixture over the fruit and nuts. Garnish with the mint leaves (and lime zest if desired).
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.