Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely jelly that sets up a pretty pink color. Or a deep red--it's all in the wine you choose to use!
- 2 1⁄2 cups wine (your choice)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry pectin
- 4 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- Combine wine, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and pectin in a large pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam off top, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Tighten 2 piece lids. Process for 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
- *Note--you can use any kind of wine you like. I like to use a pinot grigio--mostly because it is my favorite, but also because it makes a really pretty pink jelly.
I prepared this recipe as written, but the jelly did not set. I'm wondering if perhaps my pectin was a bit old? However, the result was tasty and I found it was very good in homemade cranberry sauce (I used about 1/2 cup with 12 oz of cranberries)
I had a bottle of locally made pomegranate wine which was never going to be consumed, so I used this recipe. I used a cup of homemade cranberry juice in lieu of pomegranate juice, and it's the most gorgeous color and flavor! There's a lovely tartness balanced by just enough sweetness. Thanks for posting it. It set up beautifully and quickly.