Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is also known as Fesenjam. This was the recipe of the week in the Thursday magazine dated Aug 17th-23rd'06. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Saute the onion in 1 tablespoons oil till it is transparent.
- Fold in the chicken breasts and cook on either side until browned.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and stir in the stock.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Fold in walnuts and pomegranate molasses.
- Simmer for 45 minutes and then serve with boiled rice.
I found this recipe somewhere else on the internet and was going to add it because I didn't want to lose it. This was very good and easy too.