Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From Feasting on Raw. Note if you haven't tried tofu before marinate over night in favorite dressing such as blue cheese.
- 2 lbs button mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tofu
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup soaked grain
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds, divided
- 1 cup crushed black walnut
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop mushroom stems, set asidee.
- Pat tofu dry and mush it with fork then blend cheese with it.
- Add grain, mushroom stems and 1/4 cup seeds. Divide mix into 6 and shape flat patties.
- In separate bowl, combine walnuts, onions, peppers and oil. Mix well. Stir in remaining seeds. Stuff button mushrooms with filling.
- Sprinkle each with lettuce. Place on lettuce bed.