You can juice fresh pomegranate but it is a very messy job. I use POM brand bottled pomegranate juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the pomegranate juice to a small saucepan over low heat.
- 2When the juice is warm, add the sugar; stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3Remove pan from heat and refrigerate until cold or overnight.
- 4Add the lime juice to the chilled mixture; stir well.
- 5Freeze mixture in your ice cream maker by following the manufacturer’s directions.
- 6The sorbet will be soft but ready to eat; for firmer sorbet, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze several hours.
- 7*Pomegranate Cinnamon Sorbet-add two 4-inch cinnamon sticks to the pan with the sugar; proceed with the recipe as directed, removing the cinnamon sticks before freezing.
- 8*Pomegranate Orange Sorbet-substitute 1 ½ cup orange juice for 1 ½ cup pomegranate juice; proceed with the recipe as directed, adding 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest before freezing.
- 9*Russian Pomegranate Sorbet-Add ½ cup vodka before freezing; proceed with the recipe as directed.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (919 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 150.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g