Recipe by CoffeeMom
A nice cold treat. Cooking time is maximum freezing time.
Top Review by Maito
This was really good. I used the juice from 4 pomegranates, which I think would make a much tastier sorbet, but it is more work and more of a mess. I halved the water, because I really wanted the pomegranate flavor to shine. I also used lime instead of lemon, since it goes so well with pomegranate. Yummy!!
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat water and sugar to boiling over high heat.
- Boil sugar mixture 5 minutes, reducing it slightly to a syrup.
- Remove syrup from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In bowl, combine syrup and both the pomegranate and lemon juices.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture until cold.
- Transfer sorbet to airtight container and freeze until firm, 2 to 12 hours.