Recipe by FLKeysJen
Don't worry about using the exact fruit in the recipe: have fun and choose whatever looks good at the store or is growing on your trees! This gets more and more potent as time goes on; after three days one slice of apple will give you the giggles.
- 2 (750 ml) bottles red wine (mixed varieties is good, for instance one malbec and one tempranillo...$5.99 a bottle is fine!)
- 1 cup brandy (real 80 proof brandy aged in oak, not one of the weak flavored imitations)
- 1⁄2 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 2 ounces pomegranate seeds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water on medium high until sugar dissolves; remove from heat.
- In the meantime, slice the orange, apple and pear.
- Mix all ingredients together and let stand in a tightly-sealed container or pitcher for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator before serving.