Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The tart-sweet zing of pomegranate in a lovely jewel colored drink. This simple twist on the traditional kir-royale blends tart-sweet pomegranate juice with subtler herbal notes from a rosemary-infused syrup. Float rosemary leaves on the drinks for a pretty garnish.Cooking Light Magazine, November 2009. Cooling time = 30 minutes.;)
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer, stirring sugar until it dissolves.
- Remove from heat; add rosemary, let stand 30 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Pour 2 T pomegranate juice and 1 T rosemary syrup into 4 Champagne flutes or glasses.
- Top each sering with 1/2 cup Champagne.
- Serve immediately.