Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The tart-sweet zing of pomegranate in a lovely jewel colored drink. This simple twist on the traditional kir-royale blends tart-sweet pomegranate juice with subtler herbal notes from a rosemary-infused syrup. Float rosemary leaves on the drinks for a pretty garnish.Cooking Light Magazine, November 2009. Cooling time = 30 minutes.;)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 cups champagne or 2 cups sparkling wine
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer, stirring sugar until it dissolves.
- Remove from heat; add rosemary, let stand 30 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Pour 2 T pomegranate juice and 1 T rosemary syrup into 4 Champagne flutes or glasses.
- Top each sering with 1/2 cup Champagne.
- Serve immediately.