1/2 Photos of Pomegranate Potion
Mia in Germany's Note:
It was late in the night, and my eyes were getting tired from peering at the faint writing on the old Greek Magical Papyri in the dim light of the candle, when suddenly a scrap of another papyrus slipped off the pile of fragile rolls. A brief glance told me it was the bill of sale for a donkey, rough writing with splatters of the black soot ink all over – the writer must have tortured his reed pen to death. But then he didn't write a book, he just sold a donkey, right? Everybody would just scribble something on the next best scrap of papyrus for that. I had a closer glance. The next best scrap – yeah. There was some extremely faint writing beneath the thick black soot ink. Note: the story continues below......
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill pomegranate juice.
- 2Brew black tea with ¾ cup water and 1 teaspoon black tea. Let steep for 3 minutes, then discard the tea leaves.
- 3In a little pot, bring brewed tea, minced ginger, allspice berries and ½ cinnamon stick to a slow boil, let simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Before removing from the stove, stir in 2 teaspoons corn syrup.
- 5Place 1 ice cube in a mug.
- 6Remove from stove, strain liquid through a sieve into the mug, over the ice cube.
- 7Let cool to room temperature.
- 8Do not chill! Chilling will kill the flavours, and you don't want that.
- 9When cooled down to room temperature, add ½ cup chilled pomegranate juice.
- 11NOTE: the story continues -- Something reddish – ochre, hardly visible anymore. I spent many nights to restore the ancient, nearly destroyed writing, and then finally, I got it! It was the recipe of a potion made from pomegranate juice and other very obscure ingredients. You better not know what this was meant for, but after removing the more dubious and dangerous ingredients, a wonderful recipe for a recreating, healthy, yet aromatic and spicy potion remained!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Potion
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: