Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very tasty! Worth the work of getting the pomegranate seeds out. You can use fuyu persimmons crunchy or soft, we prefer them at least a little soft.
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 -4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 12 cups spinach or 12 cups other lettuce
- 2 fuyu persimmons, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- fresh basil (optional)
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- After salad ingredients are prepped, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Form goat cheese into 1/2 oz. balls, top with freshly ground pepper, and roll in walnuts to coat. Place on a baking sheet.
- Assemble salad with greens, persimmons, pomegranate seeds, and basil.
- Just before serving, warm the goat cheese in the oven for about 3 minutes.
- Toss salad with dressing. Plate, carefully top with warm goat cheese, and enjoy!
I absolutely love this and I made it for a dinner party with my friends and got the most RAVE reviews! It was the hit of the weekend and I had to make everyone copies of the recipe to take home. I would give this 10 stars!!!!
Really delicious, really pretty and complimented by grilled beef tenderloin perfectly. Very impressive in taste and presentation!
You're very right Maito, its worth the trouble to seed the pomegranate! This salad has become my new favorite for fall, the warm goat cheese was perfect! I loved how the garlic balanced the sweetness of the pom seeds and persimmons. I also used fresh basil which I think it a must for the salad. Perfect, perfect, wouldn't change a thing! Will make again!