Very tasty! Worth the work of getting the pomegranate seeds out. You can use fuyu persimmons crunchy or soft, we prefer them at least a little soft.
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 -4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 12 cups spinach or 12 cups other lettuce
- 2 fuyu persimmons, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- fresh basil (optional)
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- After salad ingredients are prepped, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Form goat cheese into 1/2 oz. balls, top with freshly ground pepper, and roll in walnuts to coat. Place on a baking sheet.
- Assemble salad with greens, persimmons, pomegranate seeds, and basil.
- Just before serving, warm the goat cheese in the oven for about 3 minutes.
- Toss salad with dressing. Plate, carefully top with warm goat cheese, and enjoy!