Recipe by White Rose Child
I love this muesli variation... perfect for these winter fruits. Pears aren't so hard, but I'm always seeking another way to use pomegranates! ("Cook" time is really soak time.)
Top Review by UmmBinat
Wonderful pretty healthy without soy milk! I used homemade almond milk which I added a dash of vanilla paste to. I also as a preference did not soak nearly as long. I used 1 large medjool date plus the rest. I may make this again and I think it would be good using yogurt in place of the milks as well for people who are not dairy free.
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 -2 dates, chopped (I use the very sweet honey date- if you have regular dates, you may want 2)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (a generous sprinkle)
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄2 pomegranate
- 1⁄2 medium pear (medium ripeness)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl, and stir together. Add the soymilk. Make sure all the oats are covered by milk.
- Let this refrigerate overnight. In the morning, remove the arils from the pomegranate (I leave the method to your choice- how do YOU get the inside out?!) and dice the pear. Gently fold them into the muesli.