Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love this muesli variation... perfect for these winter fruits. Pears aren't so hard, but I'm always seeking another way to use pomegranates! ("Cook" time is really soak time.)
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 -2 dates, chopped (I use the very sweet honey date- if you have regular dates, you may want 2)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (a generous sprinkle)
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄2 pomegranate
- 1⁄2 medium pear (medium ripeness)
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl, and stir together. Add the soymilk. Make sure all the oats are covered by milk.
- Let this refrigerate overnight. In the morning, remove the arils from the pomegranate (I leave the method to your choice- how do YOU get the inside out?!) and dice the pear. Gently fold them into the muesli.
Wonderful pretty healthy without soy milk! I used homemade almond milk which I added a dash of vanilla paste to. I also as a preference did not soak nearly as long. I used 1 large medjool date plus the rest. I may make this again and I think it would be good using yogurt in place of the milks as well for people who are not dairy free.