Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is a cool and refreshing snack/dessert that is sure to please. It will also give you a great antioxidant boost!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar-free vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2⁄3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1⁄2 slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together Greek yogurt and pudding; set aside.
- Mix 2 tablespoons sugar with 2 teaspoons cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Add pomegranate seeds, pomegranate juice and lemon juice; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a large sauce pan, mix together oatmeal, salt, honey, and vegetable oil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
- Add last three ingredients and continue cooking until toasted and granola appears to be drier. This time will vary.
- Spread out on cookie sheet and let cool.
- Portion out yogurt mixture into 5 parfait cups.
- Top each of them evenly with pomegranate compote and granola.
- Serve and enjoy!