Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had some mish-mash left in the cupboard and threw this mixture together. I get my "sparkling pomegranate juice" at Trader Joes (only $1). My kids loved the taste and the smell of it cooking.
- 1 country ham (I use precooked)
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) bottlesparkling pomegranate juice
- 1 large navel orange, sliced
- Spray crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Place all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
This recipe has been included in book#246531. What a delicious taste this ham has -- the pomengranate and orange flavors work perfectly together. And the ham had a "falling-off-the-bone" texture. I'd never cooked ham in a slow cooker before, and it literally melted in your mouth. It's one of the best ham recipes we've ever tried. I first made it using a country ham, but even after soaking, etc., we did not care for the taste of the country ham, so I made it again using a half bone-in ham. Wonderful!! Thanks for posting this superb keeper.