Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
A new flavor of gelatin :) Prep time is for using prebottled pomegranate juice, and does not include chilling time.
- 473.18 ml cold pomegranate juice or 473.18 ml cranberry fruit juice (or juice blend)
- 59.14-78.07 ml sugar (depending on juice tartness)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (I use Knox brand)
- Heat 1 cup fruit juice in small saucepan until it just simmers, do not cook for any length of time.
- Turn off heat and stir in sugar, if using.
- Place remaining 1 cup cold juice in a medium bowl and sprinkle with gelatin, stir, let sit for 2 minutes and stir again.
- Add warm juice to cold juice, stir, and pour mixture into an 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 4 hours), and cut into cubes.
Wow! I made this with pure, unsweetened cranberry juice, and so I used 1 cup juice and 1 cup water, which is what I heated. Since it was unsweetened, I used 1/3 cup sugar. Since I had also had some pure unsweetened wild blueberry juice, I made a blueberry jelly too. (I used 2/3 juice, 1/3 water for that one, and 1/4 cup sugar.) Soooo good and refreshing.