Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious bursts of pomegranate seeds hidden in a muffin, enhanced with Grand Marnier and orange zest.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soy margarine (melted)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vegan egg replacer powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 pomegranates (just the seeds!)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (or zest of one orange)
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately.
- De-seed pomegranates in a bowl of water to help prevent seeds from popping.
- Combine ingredients, folding in the pomegranate seeds last. Mix as lightly as possible.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes, depending on size of muffins and your oven.
- Remove and place on cold, wet towel to make taking the muffins out easier. Wait until the muffins have cooled before removing them from the tin.