Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a fun jelly that combines the taste of pomegranate juice and mountain dew soda. This is a great tasting cocktail, but even more surprising and great tasting as a jelly. I created this recipe because I had just a bit of pomegranate juice left from my pomegranate jelly making, and mountain dew because I wanted to try the mountain dew recipe listed on the site.
- Combine pomegranate juice, mountain dew, lemon juice, and pectin in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar and bring back to a rolling boil.
- Boil for two minutes, then remove from heat.
- Skim off foam and ladle into hot jars.
- Process in a hot water bath for seven minutes.
Very nice Jelly, Color is light transparent red. I Had plenty of juice so I made a batch with 2 cups of juice and 2 cups of mountain dew ( keeping liquid total amount as in recipe)<br/>turned out very nice too and a little darker red which I liked. I used Pom Wonderful and bottled lemon juice. I liked the constancy of the jelly - not too firm, very spredable. Makes 7 8oz jars.