Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A versatile dressing, delicious with salad leaves, but also with grilled fish, grilled chicken and grilled vegetables.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- extra sugar, if necessary
- Mix the garlic, cumin, sugar, pomegranate molasses and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a bowl.
- Whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a little extra sugar if you think it’s a bit too sharp.
This was interesting. It was a little too sharp, so I added another half teaspoon of sugar. After it had sat we felt it was a little too sweet. I think our iceberg lettuce salad was the wrong thing for this-bitter salad leaves would have been much better. It went well with the feta in the salad though. We had a really good chicken dish with a sauce that competed too much with this dressing, I think it would be great as the chef said as a sauce for chicken or meat.