Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Unusual mojito recipe that uses vanilla sugar to coat the rim and as an ingredient. The sugar takes at least a week to absorb the essence. You can purchase vanilla sugar at any kitchen store that has a bar section. You can also use real vanilla extract added to sugar if your mixture is not ready to use.
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (recipe follows)
- 4 ounces club soda
- cracked ice
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 vanilla bean, split in 1/2 lengthwise and crosswise
- 4 cups granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Rim cocktail glass with vanilla Sugar.
- Combine all ingredients except mint in a cocktail shaker and shake well. Muddle the mint in the bottom of a cocktail glass. Add Ice, optional. Strain mixture into the glass with the mulled mint, and serve.
- In a large container or glass jar with an airtight lid, pour 1/2 of the sugar. Add bean quarters and cover with remaining sugar. Seal and place in a cool, dark place. Two or more times a day, shake the container to distribute the vanilla essence. Shake daily for at least 1 week and up to 3 weeks. Replenish the sugar as it is used.