Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This is something we came up with after trying to find a drink that used pomegranate juice. We used pomegranate juice that was flavored with cherries. The measurements we used were with a 1.5 ounce shot glass - 1.5 ounces is equivalent to 3 Tablespoons. The sugar on the rim gives it a pleasant sweetness that smooths the martini. Based on a martini recipe from an Iraqi restaurant.Enjoy!
Top Review by jkduffy1200
Made as shown and would not change a thing. Great Valentine's celebration addition. Just the right combo of sweet and tart...used Splenda arount the edge of the glass...looked like winter frost. Realy enjoyed this, thanks for the recipe.
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 4 1⁄2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces maraschino cherry juice, for those that like drinks on the sweeter side (optional)
- 1 maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- sugar, for rim
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour first 4 ingredients in a shaker (or use two glasses if you do not have a shaker - put one inside the other) with crushed ice and shake.
- Run lime around the rim of a martini glass and coat with sugar.
- Pour contents into martini glass and garnish with cherry and lemon rind.