Recipe by Elly in Canada
An adopted recipe, one that I enjoy very much, I love pomegranate molasses! If you haven't tried it, please do - it does make a DIFFERENT CHICKEN DISH. I love the dressing on a bowl of salad greens too.
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, on the bone
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and very finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped mint
Directions See How It's Made
- To marinate chicken: Stir together pomegranate molasses, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Remove skin and trim bones from the side of each breast.
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish.
- Pour marinade over chicken, cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- To prepare pomegranate dressing: Combine garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, honey and pomegranate molasses in a bowl, whisking well.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly, blending well.
- Stir in mint.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a 10-to-12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- When the pan is hot, place chicken skin-side down and brown well.
- Transfer to a rack set in a roasting pan.
- Spoon a little marinade over the top and roast about 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken tests done in the thickest part.
- (Discard unused marinade.) Transfer chicken to plates and Drizzle with pomegranate dressing and serve.