Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We had these at a friend's home last evening; they were very tasty. Didn't see one on the "zaar" so thought I'd share. These are very nice for the holidays and pomegranates have been touted in the news for their antioxidant benefits. Our host said they used a little more pomegranate juice than the recipe calls for so use your own judgment.
- 2 fluid ounces white tequila
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce triple sec
- 1 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh pomegranate juice
- Blend all ingredients in blender until frothy.
- Pour into lime and salt garnished margarita glasses.
I followed the other reviewer's lead and also did 8 oz. of pomegranate juice. In addition, I added a teaspoon of sugar. You might want to add more sugar than that though, they are fairly tart.
I actually used almost 8 ounces of Pomegranate juice when preparing 2 of these margaritas. I just continued to add, blend and taste until I found a balance that we liked. These were an interesting variation from the usual margarita.