Prep 24 hrs
Cook 40 mins
This is a healthy marinade or salad dressing provided by the pomegranate juice full of anti-oxidants and gives an excellent taste to any meat or salad. Enjoy. (Recipe provided by medicinenet.com.)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper (or more if you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly grounded
- Add the pomegranate juice to a small nonstick saucepan and bring to a boil. Keep it at a gentle boil and let the juice reduce down to around 1/3 cup. Let the juice cool for about 30 minutes.
- Add remaining marinade ingredients to the saucepan with the pomegranate juice and whisk until blended.
- Add your meat and all of the marinade to a sealable gallon plastic bag. Place bag in a bowl or dish and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, shaking the bag occasionally to make sure all surfaces of the meat are in contact with the marinade.
- Remove meat from the marinade (discarding the leftover marinade) and grill or broil as desired. Use it for chicken, beef, pork and fish or also as a salad dressing.
- Nutritional Information Per 1 tablespoon marinade: 30 calories, 0.1 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 1.4 g fat, 0.2 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 1 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 39%. © 2006 Elaine Magee.