Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mmmm..mmm, what a treat!
Make and share this Pomegranate Jelly and Cream Cheese Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese (4 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate jelly
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate arils (from 1 large pomegranates)
- Prepare garnish:.
- Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 4 tablespoons of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- Place 4 slices of bread on a flat surface.
- Spread each slice of bread with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese.
- Cover each cream cheese-coated slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of Crimson Pomegranate Jelly.
- Use a cookie cutter to make shaped sandwiches if desired.
- Decorate each sandwich with 1 tablespoon of arils.
I really had hoped to track down pomegranate jelly (and there are still a few places I'd like to check for it), and if and when I do so I'll certainly be making this again. So, on this occasion, for the pomegranate jelly, I substituted Maggie Beer's fabulously delicious Spiced Pear Paste, and added some baby spinach leaves, a favourite sandwich ingredient for me. Two of us thoroughly enjoyed these sandwiches for today's lunch. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Sharon. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.