Mmmm..mmm, what a treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese (4 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate jelly
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils (from 1 large pomegranates)
- 1Prepare garnish:.
- 2Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 4 tablespoons of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- 3Place 4 slices of bread on a flat surface.
- 4Spread each slice of bread with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese.
- 5Cover each cream cheese-coated slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of Crimson Pomegranate Jelly.
- 6Use a cookie cutter to make shaped sandwiches if desired.
- 7Decorate each sandwich with 1 tablespoon of arils.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Jelly and Cream Cheese Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: