1/2 Photos of Pomegranate Jelly Almond Thumbprints
Charlotte J's Note:
This jelly filled cookie topped with ground almond makes a festive cookie tray at Christmas.
My Private Note
Dozen C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds (6 ounces)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
- 3/4 cup pomegranate jelly
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line baking sheets with parchment paper or leave ungreased.
- 3Combine flour and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- 4Combine almonds and 1/3 cup of sugar in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- 5Pulse until finely ground. (Be careful not to grind to a paste).
- 6Combine butter and remaining sugar in a medium bowl.
- 7Cream together until light and fluffy.
- 8Add ground almond and sugar mixture combine to mix.
- 9Add vanilla and egg yolks combine to mix.
- 10Mix in flour.
- 11Roll dough into walnut-size balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- 12Dip your thumbs in flour and use to make a deep indentation in center of each cookie.
- 13Whisk egg whites to loosen them and then brush outside of each cookie with egg white.
- 14Scatter a few chopped almonds on outer edge of each cookie if desired.
- 15Fill each center with 1/2 teaspoon of jelly.
- 16Bake until edges are golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 17Remove from oven.
- 18If needed, immediately add another 1/4 teaspoon of jelly to each cookie.
- 19Let stand for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 20Transfer to cooling racks with a thin metal spatula.
- 21Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Jelly Almond Thumbprints
Serving Size: 1 (1169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1206.3
- Calories from Fat 626
- Total Fat 69.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.6 g
- Cholesterol 227.7 mg
- Sodium 352.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 68.1 g
- Protein 18.7 g