Recipe by duonyte
This is based on a recipe in Food and Wine. That recipe was adapted from a restaurant's recipe. The glaze is intended for a ham, but I think it would work with pork roast and chicken, as well. I'm posting just the glaze portion of the recipe, you would use it as any other glaze on your ham.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar jalapeno jelly (1 cup)
- 1 cup sweetened pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring the jelly and juices to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients and simmer until reduced to about 1 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes.
- If using with ham, drizzle about half over the ham, cover and roast until about 30 minutes from finishing. Drizzle with remaining glaze and finish roasting.