Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This mocktail can be made with freshly squeezed juice from a pomegranate or by using Pomegranate Juice. To juice the pomegranate, cut it in half (as you would a grapefruit) and juice using a citrus reamer or a juicer. Pour mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. One large pomegranate will produce about 1/2 cup of juice. I got this from a pomegranate site.
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed pomegranate juice or 2 ounces storebought pomegranate juice
- 5 ounces tea
- 1 ounce simple syrup (equal parts sugar and cold water dissolved together)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Prepare tea and cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour over ice in an iced tea glass.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.
WOW!!! What a FAN-TASTIC iced tea!!!!! I had to sub Cran-Pomegranate cocktail juice, but it was truely delicious!! Another winner!!!! Thanks so much!!! :)
This is very good! For some reason, I thought it would be dark pink, sort of like Starbuck's Passion Ice Tea, but no matter, I like it better.
Delicious! I used bottled pomegranate juice (a store brand that worked very well) and Lipton green tea. Today isn't your typical iced tea weather - it's freezing rain outside right now - but this sounded so good that I had to try it right away. I'm so glad that I did.