Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have not tryed this yet. But I will. Pomegranates are a great souce of Vitiamin C and Potassium. Sure sounds good hope you all will like it. I got this recipe out of the sunday newpaper in the coupons.
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice, from 3 pomegrantes (10oz)
- Preheat oven to 375 deress Season game hens with salt,pepper and thyme cook on rack for 1 hr.
- or until done.
- Brush pomegranate glaze on hens.
- Roast another 5 mins.
- Sprinkle with fresh pomegranat arils.
- Serve wigth remaining glaze as a sauce.
- Pomegranate Glaze To juice pomegranate slice in half crosswise and use a citrus juicer.
- In stainless stell sauce pan simmer juice with a pinch of salt until reduced to a syrupy glaze about 10 Mins.
So very easy and Good! I have bottled pomegranate juice. So I don`t have to wait for pomagranates to be in season for this dish. Don`t have to juice it either. This dish gets a nice dark glaze and tangy flavor. The recipe seems simple tasting but it`s full of flavor. Thanks!
Braunda; I now understand why ancient Romans had food orgies. Pomegranates have always been a favourite in my home; having learned from my dear mother. Cooking this recipe for four people meant only doubling up on ingredients. Extra pomegranate juice was extracted as well to create more juice for serving. Only significant change to the recipe was to stuff the little birds with a wild rice and pecan dressing. I had to provide finger bowls with dinner, because this is definitely a "pick-it-up-with-your-fingers" fowl recipe. Next time I cook this recipe Braunda, I may use partridge, but rest assured, there will be a next time, whether with cornish hens, partridge, or other fowl... Absolutely delicious; thank you for your contribution.
I made this for Valentine's Day dinner and dh and I really enjoyed it. I used bottled pomegranate juice since I cannot buy fresh pomegranates where I live. The cornish hens were really tender and juicy and the glaze gave it the right amount of sweetness. It was really easy! Thanks for posting.