Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this for a ham tonight but it would work for any other kind of meat or maybe even fish. DH's comment, "this stuff ROCKS!" It is loosely based on many recipes I saw on the internet, none of which were quite right, imo. A very simple but sublime sauce. You could add fresh pomegranate seeds or use them as garnish or just eat them as my 6yo did.
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard, whole grain adds texture to sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pomegranate, seeded (optional)
- In a large saucepan, simmer juice & sugar until reduced to 1.5c, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk in mustard. Whisk in butter until melted & smoooooth.
- Stir in optional pomegranate seeds.