Recipe by Charlotte J
PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur Special Equipment: Ice Cream Maker After making there a chill time of 2 hours. There is another recipe posted like this but it used 3 times the heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled pomegranate juice
- 1⁄3 cup pama pomegranate liqueur
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pomegranate seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a 2.5-3 quart heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat, whisking occasionally, then boil, whisking 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer in ice cream maker according to package directions, then transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 2 hours.
- Soften gelato slightly in refrigerator, about 20 minutes, before serving.
- Cook's notes:Cream mixture (before churning) can be chilled, covered up to 1 day ahead.