Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
Looking for an unusual gelato for my God Child I came across this one. This recipe came from epicurious.com
- Whisk together cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, whisking occasionally, then boil, whisking, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill, uncovered, until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Freeze in ice cream maker, then transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 2 hours.
- Soften gelato slightly in refrigerator, about 20 minutes, before serving.
- Cook's notes:.
- • Cream mixture (before churning) can be chilled, covered, up to 1 day ahead.
- • Gelato keeps 1 week.