1/1 Photo of Pomegranate Duck
1 hr 46 mins
1 hr 36 mins
I made a quail recipe similar to this-but tonight I had a duck. We served this over rice with stir-fried vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the duck in half, through the backbone and breast, using kitchen sissors.
- 2Mix the remaining ingredients together and marinate the duck for at least 2 hours.
- 3Strain and reserve the marinade.
- 4Pre-heat your oven to 170c and cook the duck for 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Increase the oven temperature to 200c for a further 10 minutes or until the duck skin is crisp and brown.
- 6Place the marinade in a small saucepan bring to the boil and cook over a high heat for about 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- 7Remove the duck and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before cutting the halves in half.
- 8Serve with a little of the reduced marinade poured over.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Duck
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2067.6
- Calories from Fat 1771
- Total Fat 196.8 g
- Saturated Fat 66.1 g
- Cholesterol 380.0 mg
- Sodium 321.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 58.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of
lemons, zest of