Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 36 mins
I made a quail recipe similar to this-but tonight I had a duck. We served this over rice with stir-fried vegetables.
- Cut the duck in half, through the backbone and breast, using kitchen sissors.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and marinate the duck for at least 2 hours.
- Strain and reserve the marinade.
- Pre-heat your oven to 170c and cook the duck for 1 1/2 hours.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200c for a further 10 minutes or until the duck skin is crisp and brown.
- Place the marinade in a small saucepan bring to the boil and cook over a high heat for about 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Remove the duck and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before cutting the halves in half.
- Serve with a little of the reduced marinade poured over.
I thought this recipe was delicious , my first time cooking duck so almost cooked too long but fantastic taste
great recipe, really really tasty. Made it for mother's day and it was a hit. I also recommend "painting" the reduced sauce onto the duck at the very end of the roast so it glazes. One thing to note for anyone making it - temp is in celcius! Conversion is about 350 for the main roast and 390 to crisp the skin at the end.
Oh my gosh, this was soooo good. I couldn't find any pomegranate molasses, so used plain old fancy molasses and since I was only cooking for two, I used duck breasts and marinated them for about 4 1/2 hours. While reducing the marinade, I added about 1/2 tsp of honey and 2 tsp of soy sauce. Thanks for this great recipe!